QBI Lab Research Areas & Capabilities
The QBI Lab has over 15 years experience of developing MRI biomarker and performing advanced imaging biomarker studies. Our main applications areas are oncology, neuroscience and lung imaging. Particular research areas and capabilities of note include:
- Expertise in advanced data analysis for DCE-MRI, providing model-free and tracer kinetic model microvascular function outputs. We apply these in a wide range of diseases including cancer, lung disease, rheumatoid arthritis, neurological conditions.
- Expertise in oxygen-enhanced MRI for use in measuring ventilation and perfusion in pulmonary diseases and for inferring tumour oxygenation.
- Expertise in diffusion MRI for quantification of tissue alterations in neurological disease and tumour cellularity.
- The development and supply of tissue mimetic materials for imaging, particularly for diffusion MRI.
- Sodium MRI measurements.
- Track record of funding from industry, governmental funding agencies and major charities.
- Experience with all major manufacturers’ MRI scanning hardware.
Copyright © The University of Manchester