- Our tumour hypoxia work makes from page news in UK tabloids. See also the University of Manchester press release.
- We are hosting the UK Diffusion MRI Group meeting on Diffusion MRI in Cancer on 25 March 2015.
- We have an MRC ICASE PhD studentship in collaboration with Bioxydyn on the use of Anatomical Connectivity Mapping (ACM) in understanding the affects of stroke on language. More information can be found here.
- We have a new paper published, demonstrating for the first time the sensitivity of oxygen-enhanced MRI (OE-MRI) to asthma: W.-J. Zhang, R.M. Niven, S.S. Young, Y.-Z. Liud, G.J.M. Parker, J.H. Naish. Dynamic oxygen-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of the lung in asthma—Initial experience. Eur. J. Radiol. 84(2), 318-326, (2015). doi: 10.1016/j.ejrad.2014.10.021.
- We have a new paper published that demonstrates a novel approach to the statistical analysis of DCE-MRI data: G.Z. Ferl, J.P.B. O’Connor, G.J.M. Parker, R.A.D. Carano, S.J. Acharya, G.C. Jayson, R.E. Port. Mixed-Effects Modeling of Clinical DCE-MRI Data: Application to Colorectal Liver Metastases Treated With Bevacizumab. J. Magn. Reson. Imag. 41(1), 132-141, (2015). doi: 10.1002/jmri.24514.
- We have a new paper published on the first use of dynamic oxygen-enhanced MRI (OE-MRI) in a muticentre trial involving anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator intervention: A.R. Morgan, G.J.M. Parker, C. Roberts, G.A. Buonaccorsi, N.C. Maguire, P.L. Hubbard Cristinacce, D. Singh, J. Vestbo, L. Bjermer, J. Jögli, Z. Taib, J. Sarv, P.L.B. Bruijnzeel, L.E. Olsson, E. Bondesson, U. Nihlen, D.M. McGrath, S.S. Young, J.C. Waterton, L.H. Nordenmark. Feasibility assessment of using oxygen-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating the effect of pharmacological treatment in COPD. Eur. J. Radiol. 38, 2093-2101, (2014). doi: 10.1016/j.ejrad.2014.08.004 G.Z.
- We have recently been awarded funding by EPSRC for two research projects into imaging in dementia. We will be developing novel quantitative MRI and PET methods that will enable rapid and improved measurement of microstructural and microvascular changes associated with dementia. In a separate project, we will also be working with the University of Sheffield on diffusion and perfusion MRI in dementia, where we will be further developing our tissue mimetic phantoms.